Sunday, March 30, 2008

How to get hurt at a 4 year old's birthday & keep on trucking!

Ok y'all, so this weekend has been a crazy one! My mom, oldest sister Abby, her 3 kids Kayla, Ethan & Becca along with my younger sister Megan came into town to celebrate our cousin Alec's 4th birthday party at Pump It Up. They arrived last night & I met them at my aunt & uncle's house because Ethan wanted to spend the night with Alec. After hanging out for a bit we were off to the Macaroni Grill for a late dinner, & then it was back to my house so the kids could go to sleep. I was not able to fall asleep, so it was after 1:30 for me, & I was wide awake at 5 a.m. this morning, so I uploaded some pictures for my sister & caught up on some TV that I had been putting off. Then everyone else got up & we got ready & headed over to the party. I was just planning on taking pictures & holding babies, but that soon changed to taking the babies down this massive inflatable slide! That was fun! Then my wonderful aunt said that we just had to go through this obstacle course. I was thinking that I shouldn't go because my 21 year old cousin Lacey had disappeared in there for more than 20 minutes & that didn't sit well with me. However, my sisters & I decided to go for it. It started off by going through a small hole & sliding down. Then you climb up this short wall to get to a...oh I don't know how to explain it, but it reminded me of an obstacle in the final challenge of this old show on N Nickelodeon called Double Dare where they had to squeeze through this thing & slide down. So I did that, & we stopped to take a picture & then we crawl through this tunnel where we come up to this steep wall that you have to climb & then you go down a big slide. I was like oh heck no, but my aunt was telling me it was easy & if she could do it, I could do it. So Megan & I start climbing, & I'm doing really well & I look down at Megan & she says - we should be on American Gladiators! I reached the top, went to put my leg over to the slide, & my legs were not long enough & I went tumbling back down. Of course I had to land on my ankle & I just laid there in this intense pain that I have never before experienced! The worst part was...I had to get out of this inflatable death trap! It took me about 20 minutes to get back through the maze, & then I had the task of getting back over this wall that I had slid down, & luckily my uncle came in to help me get over the wall because I was stuck since I was not able to use my foot at all. So I limp around, get some water, feel like I'm about to pass out, & then my mother gets the great idea that we should go to the chiropractor & have him put the bones back in place - since I could walk & wiggle my toes it was pretty evident that I had not broken anything, just injured it. So I get into the car with my maniac mother as she drives me across town to the chiropractor. It was probably the worst car ride I have experienced to date. So we finally get there, & the chiropractor (God love him) prepared me for what was about to happen. It was not fun, & it hurt, but it relieved a lot of pressure & I felt good. So after convincing my mother that I was ok to drive (left ankle), & a pit stop to Sonic, we headed back to Pump It Up to pick up the family & go to lunch. After a leisurely lunch my family wanted to go shopping at Legend's. I was somewhat against it, but agreed to take them there. So I walked around & shopped, at a very slow pace, but we went everywhere we wanted to go. Then we met my aunt & uncle for dinner at Ruby Tuesday's, & as we were leaving my aunt told me my uncle told her she had to come clean with me....& I didn't know what she was talking about. Well, she precedes to tell me that although she had tried to go through the obstacle course that she had told me she did & how fun it was...she could not get up the wall & gave up & crawled out the opposite side so no one would see her! Boy was I not very happy! After dinner we came back to the house & my wonderful mom & sister went & got me some Icy Hot & some weird brace thing that they put over my swollen & bruised ankle. Then we watched The Game Plan & my niece really wanted to scrapbook, & as much as I was not up to it, when she started crying I had to give in. So then we worked on their notebooks, & currently it's 1:20 in the morning & they are all sleeping soundly upstairs as I lay on the couch hoping that I can fall asleep soon as I have my foot elevated & ice on it. Whew! What a story!

No comments: