Monday, March 3, 2008

How to get little kids on your side.....

Last weekend I got a pleasant surprise!!! I knew my friends Jordan & Rachael & their boys Jalen & Ian were coming to visit, but I was off by a weekend, so I was excited to find out they were coming a week early by my calendar! They arrived on Friday evening, & we just hung out & watched Why Did I Get Married? - a must see for anyone that reads this (but beware as it is kind of sad, but it's worth it in the end!)...then on Saturday we headed to Legends to the T-Rex Cafe where Jalen & Ian were introduced to Build-A-Dino (like Build-A-Bear but with dinosaurs). Then it was nap time for the boys & Rachael & I went shopping!!! I got a new camera, & a TV stand. After that it was back to the house to meet up with Ann & Ben & have some pizza & we watched the Memphis vs. Tennessee game in High Def. It was great fun! It was quite hilarious because Jalen told Ann that his mom was preggers, & she is going to have the baby when he's in the 3rd grade - which makes Rachael's justation about the same as an elephant! When it was time for the boys to go to bed, Jalen gave Ben a hug, then Ann a hug, & I was sitting next to Ann & Jalen looked at me, waved & said "Good night Libby!" Everyone got a HUGE kick out of that. I think my favorite part was on Sunday when we were praying & Jalen's prayer went like this...."Dear God, thank you for my family & my friends. Please watch over them. And Dear God, thank you for creating Libby." That is probably the sweetest thing I have ever heard in my life! However, at this time I do believe that Jalen is upset with me because he forgot his Transformers movie here, & I have procrastinated sending it back....at least I bought an envelope today!




No comments: