Monday, March 3, 2008

How to....gain 10 lbs. in 20 days & not be upset!



My friend Marjie asked me how I was going to make this a 'how to' blog post, but I think by the title I might have just done it! Ok - so I'll try to keep this short & sweet! A few weeks ago Zena (a co-worker of mine) & I were headed out to lunch, & we were going to go to Schlotzky's, but I was in the mood for some Espinaca dip, so I suggested that we head over to Cactus Grill to have some. We were seated in the bar, & that is where I met the BEST waiter EVER!!!!!! He made sure that our glasses were always full, & he even offered up some sarcastic banter - which I'm a fan of. So a few days later Marjie & I went to have lunch & luckily we were seated in the SAME booth & had the same waiter! Marjie made the comment that the waiter paid more attention to me (which became quite obvious over the next few weeks), but I was quite happy with that. Especially when the restaurant was unable to make my burrito correctly. All I wanted was a tortilla shell with some rice in it & topped with Espinaca dip, but apparently that is a really hard request to fulfill. So, on this particular day, it took 3 times to get my burrito right. I had given up after time 2, but Orlondo was not going to allow that. So after this experience & the way that it was handled, I was sold. I don't typically eat out a lot, but if anyone asked me to lunch I happily obliged, but with the stipulation that we had to go to Cactus Grill. Seriously - it was like 17 times in 3 1/2 weeks! I will say that the last 3 days that I went in a row (Monday thru Wednesday) were due to the fact that Orlondo had informed us that his last day was Wednesday, so we had to utilize our time to have the best waiter serve us. Unfortunately he was only our waiter on Monday, but I will say that Monday was the best day! He brought my drink without me asking, & as I waited for Zena I requested to hold off on the Espinaca dip, & as soon as she sat down it was at the table without the blink of an eye! I could totally go on & on & on, but I won't ;) I'll just say that I have not had a burrito in 10 days, mainly due to the fact that I am burritoed out, but it was well worth it, & Cactus Grill will never be the same...I don't know that I can ever step foot in there again!

No comments: