Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Tweak an already wonderful recipe...

This is something that I have made off & on for probably the last 10 years when my roommate at the time made it & I became addicted. However, the last few times I have made it I changed 2 things...I started using Ground Turkey instead of Ground Beef, & rather than wrap up like an enchilada I have been ripping the tortillas so it's easier to put together & then the tortillas don't split open at the top! I actually like it sooooooooooooooo much better!

Here is the recipe for Creamy Green Enchiladas:

2 lbs. ground beef (or turkey)
8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
Minced Onion (however much you want)

8 Yellow Corn tortillas

Sauce:

2 cans Cream of Chicken Soup
1 cup Evaporated Milk
8 oz. Velveeta - cubed
Diced Chiles (however much you want to satisfy your hotness factor)
Pimentos (however much you want - I do like 2 spoonfuls)

Brown meat, add minced onion
Once it's done mix in the shredded cheddar & stir until it's melted into a cheesy meaty mixture

Wrap meat mixture in tortillas, or like I do rip up 4 tortillas & place in bottom of 8x8 pan & then put meat mixture on top & rip up 4 tortillas for the top layer.

For sauce put soup, evaporated milk & velveeta in pan & heat on medium stirring constantly until melted to a creamy smooth sauce. Add in chiles & pimentos & pour sauce on top of enchiladas.

Cover with foil & bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

No comments: