Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Make Broccoli Cheese Noodle Soup...

About 2 months ago when I got back from Las Vegas I decided that I was craving some Broccoli Cheese soup. However, I did not know how to make it, so I did some google searches & then I consulted a cookbook that my mom had given to me about 7 years ago. I have found some pretty decent recipes in there so as I was flipping I saw a recipe for Broccoli Cheese Noodle Soup. It caught my attention because I had never had anything like it. So I tried it, & I absolutely love it - it makes a TON so my freezer always has some when I'm craving it!!!

You will need:

48 oz. Chicken Broth
3/4 cup diced onion
16 oz. Velveeta cubed
6 cups of Milk
2 tablespoons oil
4 cups of Egg Noodles
2 packages frozen chopped broccoli
1 teaspoon salt
Garlic Clove (I just dump in some Garlic powder - about 2 teaspoons)

Sautee onion in sauce pan with oil. Add Chicken Broth. Bring to boil. Add Egg Noodles and salt. Boil for 3 minutes. Add brocolli and garlic. Boil for 4 minutes. Add milk and velveeta & stir constantly until it is melted.

Yum - makes me glad I had it for lunch today!

No comments: