Monday, November 10, 2008

How to have a semi-bad month...

Ok, it has been a while since I have blogged, but I have had valid reasons... you know how they say bad things happen in 3? I can attest to that one this month. It all started about 3 weeks ago, I was leaving Wal-Mart & I got backed into. Luckily there was no damage to my car, but I still count that as a bad thing. Then 2 weeks ago the furnace broke & we had no heat, so I had to figure out how to get that fixed... so that was 2... number 3 happened on Thursday of last week. I got into ANOTHER car accident. This time I wasn't so lucky. I was fortunate that no one was hurt in the accident, & my car only has cosmetic damage - which forced me to rent a car, which I can't complain about because it is totally a step up from my car! I have a 2006 Kia Spectra, which I really like, but for the next 2 1/2 weeks I am driving around in a 2008 Toyota Avalon with all the perks. One thing that I have noticed is that it's a lot bigger than my car, so parking isn't the greatest form of fun, but it will do for now. The other part that is stinky is that I have to go back to Iowa in 2 weeks to go to court. I'm crossing my fingers that I can call & get out of having to appear in person, because I just don't want to have to go back there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Other than those things, not much new is going on. I'm attaching some pictures from Halloween with my cousins. This is the 3rd year that I have celebrated here in KC, & I love getting to see the boys dressed up in their costumes. We took them to Boo at the Zoo the Sunday before Halloween, & that was fun. Alec was dressed up as Indiana Jones, & Zach was a pumpkin. I will say I think he is the cutest pumpkin I have seen since my niece was one last year. The funniest part of the night was when we were Trick-or-Treating & this lady handed Zach a 3 Musketeer bar & he looked at it, looked at her & threw it back into the bowl. Then she handed him a Kit-Kat, he said Thank You, which sounded like Tutu, turned around & happily put it in his bag. It's amazing how fast they grow up. He can't say Libby yet, but I am very happy with his version, Bibby - it's way better than when Alec used to call me an old Biddy. He surprised me Saturday night when I was babysitting them by saying Uh-oh Spaghettios! I didn't know that he knew that one, & the boys were very excited to be getting the new Madagascar toys from McDonald's, & they both received Marty the Zebra, & Zach was all over saying Zebra, & after their baths when I showed them their Zebra's talked, they both sat in a chair & pounded them on the ottoman OVER & OVER & OVER until I couldn't take it anymore & had to shut them off. That was definitely a fun night!

Until next time, enjoy these photos....

No comments: